Friday, September 28, 2012

Konami asked the Metal Gear Solid creator to take over Silent Hill

At the Eurogamer Expo, the creator of Metal Gear Solid and the upcoming game Ground Zeroes discussed an interesting phone call he had with Konami.

"In the past, I've mentioned Silent Hill in interviews, and as a result of that the president of Konami rung me up and said he'd like me to make the next Silent Hill," said Hideo Kojima.

"Honestly, I'm kind of a scaredy-cat when it comes to horror movies, so I'm not confident I can do it. At the same time, there's a certain type of horror that only people who are scared of can create, so maybe it's something I can do.

"That said, I think Silent Hill has a certain atmosphere. I think it has to continue, and I'd love to help it continue. And if I can help by supervising or lending the technology of the Fox Engine, then I'd love to participate in that respect."

Konami publishes both franchises: Metal Gear Solid and Silent Hill. It's interesting to imagine what a Silent Hill game made by Kojima would be like, whether or not it's a good fit.

Follow @wita on Twitter for tales of superheroes, plumbers in overalls, and literary adventures.


Via: Konami asked the Metal Gear Solid creator to take over Silent Hill

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More